Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kid A

I still have a pending review of TLC requested by fellow blogger Shane West, but today I was in such a happy mood I am going to review my number one cheer up album of all time.

That's right. Radiohead's Kid A. From the moment this album starts off, the first beat totally lifts you right out of depression and sets the mood for the entire album. This upbeat song, Everything In It's Right Place, is one of the happiest techno songs in existence.

The next song continues this trend of joy, with beautiful poppy synth sounds that are guaranteed to have the room dancing. It's hard to be sad while listening to the beautiful uplifting lyrics of vocalist Thom Yorke.

The next song is a cover of The National Anthem. I'm not quite sure what country it is, but I bet they were ecstatic when they heard that upbeat techno band Radiohead was doing of version to honor them.

Track 4, How To Disappear Completely, is probably the happiest song on the album. It's upbeat atmosphere was created with intricately and beautifully, that I can't help but shit rainbows when I hear it. Masterpiece.

The rest of the album continues this trend of upbeat techno songs, perfect for any rave or club scene. My only complaint is track 7, In Limbo. I believe this song is rather guitar driven, which in my opinion has no place on a techno album of such magnitude. All it does it bring me down and crave more of the happy beats the rest of the album has to offer.

Whenever I'm in my basement and realize I have nothing to dance alone to, and want to kill myself, I always find my way back to this album. From start to finish (I have my player to skip track 7) it is a masterpiece of techno music, and I find myself dancing up a sweat. Better break out the shop-vac to clean up...

7/3 Self Dances for this brilliant uplifting album.

17 comments:

  1. not bad, lights out by rick was awful imo though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally thought that the album said kid kudi, but then realized i'm an idiot on further inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome album, awesome awesome album

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Radiohead. Just dropping by to show my respect and support for a fellow blogger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!
    Showing my support for a fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. riveting!

    9/8 Support.

    Please read my new post! IMPORTANT!

    http://musclemaniamadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 9/9 Love and Support

    Thanks for all the comments guys!

    http://musclemaniamadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete