Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rocket Man - The Definitive Hits

Today I'm going to review a very underrated indie musician, Elton John. One look at this man probably makes you wonder how he has time to even make albums between sleeping with so many women, let alone have enough to have a greatest hits album. But Elton John can do it all, while maintaining his underground indie cred.

The CD starts off with Bennie and the Jets. I think this is about the curling team The New York Jets. Being the straight hip man he is, I bet he loves sports. I don't quite get sports myself, so I don't understand this song. It's still a good listen though.

There are too many good songs on this to review, as this is an indie masterpiece. It's sad that it has to be so rare and unknown... but what would be the point of liking it if everyone else did, right?

Rocket Man is an incredible song, about journeys into space. I think he wrote this when he went into space with William Shatner, a fellow Scottish man. I love this song so much.

Tiny Dancer is another hit. I'd call it a classic, but it's hard for indie bands to have classics in this day and age... it's a sad reality. I really dig this song, with backup vocals by fellow indie musician David Grohl, from Pearl Jam.

But let's skip to what you want to know. Is there any songs on here I can dance to Ted? Of course there is. Tracks 10 and 11 make for the best dancing ever. Crocodile Rock and I'm Still Standing. Excellent dance beats. If these songs played in clubs, maybe I'd leave my basement....


...


...

Yeah who are we kidding? But I will still constantly dance to these songs in my basement alone, with a 6 pack of Cranberry Coolers, and some veggie dogs. I live the life.

17/20 self dances for Sir John.

39 comments:

  1. cool i really like this!!
    come check out my blog too if you have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love elton john.
    showing my support for a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elton John has soo many good hits, impossible to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veggie dogs ? Bleh, I don't do vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. imma rocket man hahaha, just showing my support

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm 12 and Elton John should play with Justin Bieber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome post! definitely gonna follow
    showing some supp, keep it up =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. am gonna check this out, looks good, support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummm are you trolling? and elton john is pretty famous i wouldn't say he is underrated...

    following regardless

    ReplyDelete
  10. me too jhmw, not my type of guy :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmm, not sure what to think about this

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good stuff, Supportin! http://digg.com/news/offbeat/life_mysteries_blog_2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not much of a fan of Elton John...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always love Elton John, especially Rocket Man.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm not realy a fan of Elton, but he still make some great musics !

    ReplyDelete
  16. "between sleeping with so many women" isnt he married to a man? love his music though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post has piqued my interests

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kinda on the fence about how I feel about Elton. Not bad to listen to once in a while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your humor more than I love the music you review. Showing support for my blogging comrades.

    ReplyDelete
  20. spit in my mouth

    check it http://kadams133.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. this has always been a good song, i have it on my ipod!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fruit!

    New Blog Post and 9/15 love!

    http://musclemaniamadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Showing my daily support. Fight the power.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Showing my nightly support, comrade.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I couldn't decide if I wanted to pick this album up or not, that is until I read this review. I picked it up and I've been having a gay old time since. Even my neighbors stopped by after working out and hunting seals to dance with me.

    ReplyDelete